#eprdctn crew, start flexing your creative muscles because we are currently accepting proposals for ebookcraft 2018! ebookcraft is a two-day conference for the ebook production community, featuring in-depth demonstrations and insightful talks from the industry’s leading experts. It features lively discussions of design, standards, and best practices with a mix of practical tips and forward-thinking inspiration. The conference is organized by a steering committee of industry experts and is co-presented by BookNet Canada and eBOUND Canada.
ebookcraft 2018 will take place in Toronto across two days in March 2018: a workshop day on Wednesday, March 21 and the main conference day on Thursday, March 22.
We encourage professionals in North America and abroad to submit proposals on any current, insightful topics pertaining to ebook development. In particular, proposals on the following topics are welcome:
- Ebook vendors, we want to hear from you! How do you work? What do you wish your publishing and developer suppliers knew? How can we work better together?
- Using web design/development techniques to build better ebooks
- Responsive design
- AI and machine learning
- Insights from ebook customers and readers
- Audiobooks and ebooks
- EPUB3 profiles (EPUB for Education) or markup (XML, HTMLBook, MathML, etc.)
- Reader system rendering
Proposals will be considered for workshops, presentations, and panel discussions. A typical time slot is 45-60 minutes for presentations and panels; workshops vary.
Tips for submitting your proposal:
- Tell us about yourself: why would you be the best person to talk about this topic?
- Give us as much detail about your proposed presentation as possible.
- Remember that these are focused presentations, so it's best to narrow your scope. Indicate the length of time you will need to present your ideas.
- Your presentation can be practical or theoretical, but make sure it contains practical take-aways for the audience.
- Sales pitches are strongly discouraged — ebookcraft is focused on education, debate, and skill-building rather than promoting particular tools or services. If you’re interested in advertising, please ask us about sponsorship opportunities.
Suggestions also welcome!
If you’re not a presenter but would still like to suggest a topic or speaker, please get in touch. After all, this conference is for you.
Deadline for submissions:
Please send proposals and suggestions to email@example.com by Sept. 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. All submissions are considered by the ebookcraft committee. Successful candidates will be contacted with more information on presentation opportunities at ebookcraft 2018.
Don't forget to sign up for the Tech Forum & ebookcraft mailing list to receive all the updates!