Get ready for some summer lovin' with the fifth instalment of our Deep Dive series! We've bundled up some statistics on the Romance Book Buyer to help you identify who they are, what their habits are, online and off, and where they buy their books.
New to our Deep Dive reports? We've combined sales and consumer data to deliver in-depth studies on the biggest genres selling in Canada right now.
Not only do we bring you sales trends and analysis, but each study also looks at specific book buyers to outline:
- what non-book-related activities they do in a typical month;
- how they make their purchasing decisions — impulse purchasers vs. planners;
- how often they read a given format; and
- much more!
You've fallen in love, haven't you? Our relationship doesn't have to end here! Check out our four other studies on Mystery & Detective book buyers, Biography & Autobiography book buyers, Science Fiction book buyers, and Cookbook buyers. Buy any of these studies as a single purchase for $25, or subscribe to the series for $100 and save big!
The Romance Book Buyer
- Romance buyers are more likely than the average Fiction buyer to write book reviews, read on their phones, and add books to online wishlists.
- What formats do Romance buyers prefer?
- Audiobooks - 3%
- Hardcover - 9%
- Ebook - 27%
- Paperback - 61%
- Where are they buying books?
- Online stores - 29%
- Discount stores - 19%
- Chain bookstores - 18%
- Digital download - 12%
- Top 5 perennial bestsellers
- Entwined with You by Sylvia Day
- Dark Witch by Nora Roberts
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James
- Fifty Shades of Darker by E. L. James
- Fifty Shades Freed by E. L. James