Quality-assured metadata spread far and wide.
BiblioShare makes it easier to find, market, and sell books in Canada. It is a Canadian born and industry-led project designed specifically for the Canadian supply chain. It fully supports the Canadian identifier to give Canadian books the recognition they deserve.
BiblioShare is a quality-controlled aggregation system that disseminates bibliographic data with unprecedented reach across the industry. It helps publishers and distributors create quality ONIX files and it facilitates sharing these files as well as cover images and position files by serving as the central source for metadata for all books available in the market.
- Better files. ONIX files are validated to ensure quality. Data creators can use the reports to improve their data and data users can rest assured they’re pulling useful files.
- All in one place. BiblioShare collects ONIX records, cover images and position files for any book available in the Canadian market. Data creators maintain one set of files and data users only need to go to one authoritative source.
- Spread far and wide. BiblioShare feeds data across the country and beyond to retailers, publishers, librarians and the media, to websites, blogs, POS and ILS systems across the country.
- It’s free! There are no start-up costs for using BiblioShare, uploading and testing files are free, and all regular data pulls are free, too.
- To support the online discovery and sale of books. Getting your metadata right and making it available to the supply chain supports those selling or promoting books online. Watch our webinar to learn more about how BiblioShare supports bookselling.
What about Web Services?
We're glad you asked. If you'd like to use BiblioShare data to create an online bookstore, or even just to display book covers and other bibliographic data on your website, please check out our range of plug-ins and web services.