Bibliographic Data Distribution
Quality-assured metadata spread far and wide.
BiblioShare aggregates metadata and cover files from publishers/suppliers, and we make it available to you through the following web services:
- ONIX Web Service - Returns a full ONIX record for specified EANs.
- Image Web Services - Returns either a thumbnail version or the full-sized image of covers, author images, and interiors
- BiblioSimple Web Service - Returns a ‘thinner’ version of the ONIX record.
- WordPress Plugin - Posts customizable title details on WordPress.org.
- Shopify Plugin - Lets you set up your online bookstore with publisher-supplied book metadata from BiblioShare.
- MARC Web Service - Returns a MARC record for specified EANs.
- Biblio-o-matic - A browser extension that seeks out ISBNs while you browse the internet to provide quick access to bibliographic data and images.
- BiblioShare Assets - Returns a list of all assets held in BiblioShare regarding an ISBN.
- Samples - Returns the PDF or EPUB files for a title's sample, TOC, and guide, as available.
All you need to get started with any of these services is a free user token.
If none of these suit your needs, you can contact us for a quote on a custom data pull.
ONIX Web Service
The ONIX Web Service allows an aggregator to pull a full ONIX record for titles in the Canadian market. This web service is for you if you’re looking for extremely detailed information about books. It’s big and complex, but gives you access to all the data we have on an individual title. Learn more or request a token to get started.
Image Web Services
- Covers - Returns either a thumbnail version of the cover or the full-size image, as provided.
- Interiors - Returns either a thumbnail version of interior images or the full-size image.
- Authors - Returns either a thumbnail version of the author photo(s) or the full-size image.
- Info - Returns information about a specific image in the repository.
- List - Returns information about all images (covers, author, and interiors) for a particular EAN.
Click the links to learn more about each service or request a token to get started.
BiblioSimple Web Service
The BiblioSimple Web Service returns a ‘thinner’ version of the ONIX record, for those sites which don’t need the full record. It is designed for display purposes, so things like multiple contributor names will be grouped into one tag. It includes the basics: title, contributor names, format, publication date, price, etc. Learn more or request a token to get started.
We're pleased to offer book bloggers an easy-to-use WordPress plugin that will make posting up-to-date book covers and basic title information quick and easy, without having to perform additional research or fact-checking. Media and publishers can also use it as long as you use WordPress as a content management system. Plus, publishers benefit because it’s now effortless to share accurate book information with bloggers and media.
Our Bookstore Builder plugin for Shopify lets you set up your online bookstore with publisher-supplied book metadata from BiblioShare. To build your customized bookstore, just enter a list of ISBNs and sit back as Bookstore Builder fills your store with book data and maintains changes and updates seamlessly. Setup is easy and maintenance is minimal.
MARC Web Service
Our MARC web service allows you to pull a brief/stub or full MARC record for any title in our BiblioShare database. This allows you to quickly create new records in your system based on publisher-supplied information, rather than searching for and manually entering data. Learn more or request a token to get started.
Now available for Google Chrome, Biblio-o-matic is a browser extension that automatically detects ISBNs in web page content and pulls data from BNC BiblioShare on things like pub date, keywords, images (including covers and interiors), list price, and more. You can quickly bring up bibliographic information about any ISBN, anywhere on the web, with a single click. See how it works or install it now.
Sample Web Service
This web service allows users to pull any samples, TOC, excerpts, or guides associated with an ISBN from BiblioShare. Files are delivered as either EPUB or PDF files, as available. Learn more or request a token to get started.
Think You Can Handle All This Data?
All you need to get set up on any and all of the web services is a user token, which you can get for free by filling out our quick form. Or, if you need to do large data pulls and want a custom solution, contact us.