Join the BookNet Team
Thanks for your interest in joining our team! We currently have no open postings. Want to be the first to hear next time something’s available? Sign up for our weekly eNews to stay on top of all the goings-on at BookNet Canada.
[POSTING CLOSED] We’re Hiring a Community Manager!
BookNet Canada is a small, non-profit agency dedicated to supporting Canada’s book industry.
So what does that mean? Our ‘customers’ come from all over. From independent booksellers to multinational publishing houses, our relationships with industry players allow us to develop strategy to keep the Canadian publishing industry healthy and happy. We provide software solutions (for example, SalesData tracks 85% of the Canadian trade print market, while CataList allows publishers to create robust e-catalogues) and training and education to help publishers and retailers adapt to new technology.
Your main role is to communicate BookNet’s offerings and events to current and potential clients, and to enhance BookNet’s authority as a thought leader in the Canadian book industry. You’ll be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the company social media strategy and managing all social media accounts and external communication channels. This includes Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, our blog, and BookNet’s weekly eNews newsletter. You’ll develop content strategies for all of these channels, and write or solicit content as needed. You’ll also create and distribute weekly bestseller lists for various media outlets.
Strategy is meaningless without analytics, so you’ll be responsible for tracking and reporting on various metrics, both for your own efforts (social media channels) and for the Marketing department (website stats, event-related metrics, etc.).
Finally, you’ll be reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager and assisting with a variety of general duties as needed (editing, proofreading, some administrative tasks, preparing for and working at our annual Tech Forum conference, etc.).
- College diploma or equivalent current course study in a Publishing program.
- Marketing experience: writing copy & calls-to-action, creating social media campaigns, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics and social media management programs (HootSuite, etc.).
- A strong interest in the intersection of books and technology.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Flexible, organized, and attentive to detail. The Marketing department always has multiple projects on the go, and some of them get turned around very quickly.
- A love of and commitment to deadlines.
The other important bits:
Apply by e-mail only. Attach a resume and cover letter as PDFs and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Community Manager position
Posting closes Sunday, October 12, 2014.
To learn more about BookNet Canada: