Join the BookNet Team
We're hiring! Please find our latest opening posted below.
Marketing Associate (1-year contract)
Your main role is to communicate BookNet’s offerings and events to current and potential clients, and to enhance BookNet’s authority as a thought leader in the Canadian book industry. You’ll be responsible for maintaining the company social media strategy and managing all social media accounts and external communication channels. This includes Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, our blog, and BookNet’s weekly eNews newsletter. You’ll refine content strategies for all of these channels, and write or solicit content as needed.
Action is meaningless without analytics, so you’ll also be responsible for tracking and reporting on various metrics, both for your own efforts (social media channels) and for the Marketing department (website stats, event-related metrics, etc.).
Finally, you’ll be reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager and assisting with a variety of general duties as needed (editing, light design work, proofreading, creating video tutorials, some administrative tasks, preparing for and working at our annual Tech Forum conference, etc.).
- College diploma or equivalent current course study in a Publishing program
- Marketing experience: writing copy & calls-to-action, creating social media campaigns, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics and social media management programs (HootSuite, etc.)
- Some familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- A strong interest in the intersection of books and technology
- Experience with event planning, video editing, or podcasting would be a bonus
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
- Flexible, organized, and attentive to detail—the Marketing department always has multiple projects on the go, and some of them get turned around very quickly
- A love of and commitment to deadlines
The other important bits:
This is a one-year contract position. Apply by e-mail only. Attach a resume and cover letter as PDFs and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Marketing Associate position” as soon as possible and no later than Sept. 9, 2016.
Want to be the first to hear next time something's available? Sign up for our weekly eNews to stay on top of all the goings-on at BookNet Canada. You can also learn more by reading our reading our blog, or following us online: