There's a lot to celebrate at BookNet lately. We've just successfully launched our newest version of SalesData and it's been met with positive feedback (and celebratory doughnuts) from our user base, but it's not the only one of our products making strides. Earlier this year we hit an important milestone:
2 million public records in BiblioShare
Well, 2,012,364 public records if we want to be precise, which we almost always do. The number of images in BiblioShare is also climbing rapidly! To give you an idea, here is what we are working with currently:
- Total images: 1,056,655
- Total cover images: 1,056,330
- Total interior images: 50,011
- Total author images: 2,671
This means that in BookNet's quest to become the ultimate purveyor of Canadian bibliographic data, we are making it in the universe, and it's becoming easier than ever to find and sell books in Canada. Not to mention that better data in BiblioShare means we can provide better, more powerful services . Everything's coming up Milhouse!
But just how big is 2 million? It's a number that's hard to wrap our heads around, so maybe these will help:
- 2 million kilometres is nearly 50 times the circumference of the earth.
- 2 million litres of craft beer can fill 4,226,757 red Solo cups at the world's biggest party.
- 2 million dollars is 1/100th of the budget of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- 2 million people is just under the population of Canada's third-largest city Vancouver, according to the most recent census.
- 2 million pounds is the weight of juggling five blue whales.
That's huge! And we're proud to have all of you be a part of our 2 million.